Cataract is an eye diseases which is seen in old people but it can also occur:
- In newborns
- As a result of physical injuries to the eye,
- As a result of long-term use of some medicine
It develops slowly and eventually interferes with your vision. You might end up with cataracts in both eyes, but they usually don’t form at the same time.
Common symptoms of cataracts include:
- Blurry vision
- Trouble seeing at night
- Seeing colors as faded
- İncreased sensitivity to glare
- Halos surrounding lights
- Double vision in the affected eye
- A need for frequent changes in prescription glasses
Cataract surgery involves removing the clouded lens and replacing it with a clear artificial lens.
The artificial lens, called an intraocular lens, is positioned in the same place as your natural lens. It remains a permanent part of your eye.