Psychiatry is a branch of medicine. Its main area of interest is brain diseases which are manifested by changes in thinking, behavior, and emotions. Psychiatry deals with the diagnosis and treatment of these diseases.
Study Areas of the Department of Psychiatry
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Stress-related disorders
- Mental trauma and dissociative disorders
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Autism spectrum disorders
Attention deficit, hyperactivity disorder and psychiatric disorders accompanying other medical illnesses, etc.
- Department of Psychiatry Practices
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Supportive Psychotherapy
- Dynamic Psychotherapy
- Staged Trauma Psychotherapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy
- Couple and Family Therapy and Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
The branch of psychology that deals with normal and abnormal behaviors of people of all ages and tries to make sense of these behaviors is called "clinical psychology". People who specialize in clinical psychology are called "clinical psychologists". The main purpose of clinical psychologists is to reveal the underlying causes of human behavior and to overcome the problems by measuring and evaluating people's abnormal behaviors. Although physical health comes to mind when it comes to human health, human health cannot be considered separate from mental health. Those who work in the field of clinical psychology carry out their research in a very wide scope.
The areas of treatment in the psychology department can be divided into main sections as Child and Adolescent Psychology, Adult Psychology and Family Psychology.
Depression, anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, social phobias, diet disorders, sexual behavioral disorders, stress management, marital and family problems, panic attack, child and adolescent problems can be mentioned as the main topics that this department deals with.